This salad is called Atomic Salad because the fresh garlic in the dressing packs a big punch! It’s perfect for a quick but flavorful addition to dinner.
Is your hum-drum salad life getting you down? No worries – the Rankins bring you: Atomic Salad! Justin loves this salad, but I think it’s mostly because it has olives and they’re “probably” in his top 5 favorite foods. I’m pretty sure that we had this with dinner the first time I went to his parents’ house for dinner when we were dating. I’m not an olive fan, but you can go without! (Just give them to your resident olive-eater.) I’m grateful that Justin’s mom was willing to share this with me and gave the OK to share it with you!
The “atomic” comes from the spicy kick that the garlic provides. This may not be the best salad for smooching, but it sure satisfies the taste buds.
Local Spotlight: None! (I know!) But soon you can make this with your very own tomatoes, as soon as they start popping up! (I didn’t have any luck with lettuce this year…)
Let me know what your favorite salads are in the comments!
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 small can of sliced black olives 2.25 oz can
- 3 to matoes diced
- ½ C. olive oil
- 6-8 cloves of garlic pressed
- 2 T. lemon juice about 1 lemon's juice
- ¼ t. ground mustard
- 1 t. sea salt
- ½ t. ground pepper
- 2 t. Parmesan cheese
- Chop or tear lettuce into a large salad bowl.
- Dice tomatoes and place on top of the lettuce.
- Drain olives and top the lettuce and tomatoes with it.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in another bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and toss the contents together until well combined.
- Serve and top with extra Parmesan cheese!