These Thai-inspired chicken lettuce wraps are fast and a filling lunch or snack!
I made these on a whim the other night and Justin took them to his rotation with him. I guess he shared a bite with friends and they really wanted the recipe! So here you go!
This copy is really short because I don’t really have a whole lot to say about these, besides that they are tasty, and they’ll feed you for a couple of days! I’ll be honest, I’m pretty sure the curry paste I found in the fridge was probably waaaay past its prime. But…we didn’t die, so that’s a win.
Local Spotlight: The garlic, onions and chicken are from the farmers market. Green onions are from the backyard. I made my own almond butter with this method!
Thai-Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 C. light coconut milk
- 1/4 C. almond butter
- 1 t. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 1/2 T. green curry paste
- 2 T. oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 C. green onions
- 1 can water chestnuts
- Salt and pepper
- Combine coconut milk, almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice and curry paste in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Dice onion and water chestnuts and mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add in onions, garlic and chicken. Stir and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in sauce that was set aside.
- Stir in water chestnuts and green onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste. (probably lots of salt!)
- Serve in lettuce leaves & #enJOY!
Gluten-free if using Tamari instead of soy sauce. Naturally Dairy-Free
Leave a Reply