This strawberry feta bruschetta is a perfect appetizer–savory, sweet, and all around a hit!
Let me begin by telling you that I am as surprised as you are that this savory strawberry bruschetta situation is so delicious. So you’re just going to have to trust me when I say that it will be. After experiencing the sweet, tangy, and salty combination, it was a home run for us.
We were on a salads-for-dinner kick, when we had a spinach salad with a quick vinaigrette, grilled chicken, strawberries, feta and roasted garlic. And we fell in love with the unique mix of these toppings.
Sometimes salad toppings are easy to get into a rut with, because you feel like there is this line of sweet/fruity salads or savory/protein-y salads. But every once in awhile, you should mix it up just to give it a try! We recently went to one of those new salad bar places where you put anything you want on your salad. I was met with the same problem, but I think it turned out pretty delicious, all things considered. Who knew that pesto vinaigrette would be good on apples??
This strawberry feta bruschetta is a perfect appetizer for your own event, or to bring to someone else’s. It’s unique, and you won’t have to worry about anyone else also showing up with a potato casserole, too. Need another appetizer idea? Try these Asian meatballs, or pecan and blue cheese crostini!
Be sure to follow along on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest for all the latest and greatest!
Savory Strawberry Feta Bruschetta
This strawberry feta bruschetta is a
- 1/2 lb. strawberries
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1 apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 feta cheese crumbled
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1 t. honey
- Toast points or crackers like melba toasts
- For vinaigrette, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and vinegar and honey and whisk to combine.
- Dice strawberries and marinate in the vinaigrette for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread roasted garlic on the base of the toast or cracker. Top with strawberry mixture. Sprinkle feta on top.
- #enJOY immediately!
Roasting garlic is easy!
- 1 olive oil
- 1 garlic head
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop off the top of a garlic head so that all the cloves are exposed.
- Drizzle over 1 olive oil over the garlic.
- Wrap garlic with aluminum foil or place in an oven save dish with foil on top.
- Roast garlic for 25-35 minutes, or until aromatic.
- Carefully remove and squeeze the cloves from the wrapping and place the cloves into a container for refrigeration.
Leave a Reply