These peppermint cheesecake cream puffs are an easy, delicious treat to whip up to serve at a holiday party!
The weather is cooling down, and that means it’s time for all of those cozy holiday flavors! I love peppermint flavors (as you can tell from this dairy free peppermint mocha I made last year!). I couldn’t stop thinking about cheesecake dip last month, so this opportunity arose for me to jump on the cream cheese train and I was all about it. Peppermint cheesecake cream puffs are perfect for your next party, or taking to a friend’s party. For some reason, people are suckers for the chocolate drizzle. They always think you’re so fancy, when it’s truly as easy as heating up chocolate chips in the microwave!
I’ve used Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets to make other things before, but I haven’t put anything sweet on the blog yet with it! It’s great however you want to serve it. For this recipe, I just cut out small circles and baked them plain, so they would form little puffs, and then sliced and filled once they were cool. With the size of cutter I was using, I was able to get 16 cream puffs from each Puff Pastry Sheet. Each package comes with 2 Sheets, so you only have to buy one box at the store (although I always like to have one or two Sheets in my freezer)!
While you may be making these for a holiday party soon, I ended up taking mine…to a football tailgate! We’re still caught right in the middle of college football season and I was supposed to bring a dessert. It was an amazing spread with so many different types of food, but I did manage to get rid of some of my peppermint cheesecake cream puffs! Whatever you take them to, Puff Pastry Sheets ensures that your cream puffs look gorgeous every time, and are much less laborious than making your own (could you even imagine?! It might be a similar process to making Rowies…I’ve never even tried!). I always rely on this trusty frozen friend when I need to make anything look freshly baked and delicious! For even more holiday recipes using Puff Pastry Sheets, you can visit the Pepperidge Farm website here!
Tip: For defrosting, I’d just leave it out on the counter for about 20-30 minutes. You don’t really want to roll it flat or anything so that you don’t ruin the flaky, airy nature of the Sheets.
Local Spotlight: My whipping cream was from the grocery store, but I made sure to purchase it from the Oklahoma dairy option that I had available to me. Eggs are always local!
Peppermint Cheesecake Cream Puffs
- 3 T. finely chopped dark chocolate
- 4 T. finely crushed candy cane or peppermint candy
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets defrosted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C. dark chocolate or chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut out circles from unrolled puff pastry, about 2 inches in diameter and arrange circles on baking sheet.
- Scramble one egg and brush pastry circles with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Whip heavy cream into stiff peaks, and remove from mixer. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- In mixer, combine cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar.
- Gently stir in chocolate, candy cane powder.
- Fold in whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Place mixture in piping bag for distribution.
- Slice puffs in half and fill with cream cheese mixture.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on the top of the puffs and let harden.