Pecan and blue cheese crostini come together fast by combining great local ingredients and savory blue cheese for an amazing flavor combination!
For some reason, the holidays seem to have appeared out of nowhere this year. I haven’t even have time to get into the Christmas spirit! There’s always a lot of hustle and bustle around this time of year. The last thing that you need is an invite to a party with nothing to bring. These pecan and blue cheese crostini and crackers are fast, easy, and can feed a crowd!
I’m partnering with Salemville® blue cheese to bring you these delicious bites. I was able to find their blue cheese crumbles in the salad section at my local Target. The crumbles are the perfect way to incorporate the blue cheese flavor into your creamy cracker topping. Their blue cheese flavor isn’t too overwhelming, and can be enjoyed by all when cut with some cream cheese! Relax and prepare these right before your party, and you’ll have an impressive display – You can even provide a variety of crackers and crostini to make it look like you worked really hard!
I actually just recently warmed up to blue cheese (the verdict is still out on goat cheese, y’all.). I like it best with a good candied or sugared pecan, or a drizzle of honey, so I thought I’d just throw them all together to make one delicious bite! For mine, I used some spiced pecans (found here), and then created a sugar shell and dropped them into that afterwards. I am trying to revamp my spiced pecan procedure now, so I will keep you posted on a better way to do that…
Local Spotlight: I am still working through my local jar of honey, and my pecans are left over from the time I bought 10 lbs of pecans from Great Buffalo Pecan Farm. I used most of them to make these and these for Thanksgiving.
BONUS for reading this far – If you’re visiting before December 31, 2017, there’s still time to enter the Salemville® smoker sweepstakes, where they are giving away a Traeger smoker, valued at over $1000! You can sign up here! Slow down for the holidays and make easy food, food you can make ahead of time (like this cornbread dressing!) and smoke your meats low and slow – sounds like a winning equation to me!
Are you Team Blue Cheese or nah?
Pecan and Blue Cheese Crostini [mGF, V]
- 1/3 C. Salemville® Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 C. pecan halves or spiced pecans
- 1 C. white sugar
- honey local
- Crackers or Toast of your choice
- In a mixer, whip softened cream cheese together with the blue cheese crumbles. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, pour in white sugar. Do not stir, and the pan will slowly become a caramel. When the majority of it is golden brown, give it one or two stirs, and fold in pecans.
- Pour pecans onto a silicone mat or parchment for hardening.
- Spread blue cheese and cream cheese spread on crackers and toast.
- Drizzle honey on the top of each cracker with spread.
- Break apart pecans and distribute pecans onto the top of crackers.
- Serve immediately and #enJOY!
Can be modified to be Gluten Free if using a gluten-free bread/cracker option.
romain ! glebekitchen says
Savory sweet blue cheese, There’s nothing else to say except I want some! I can’t get those blue cheese crumbles where I am. What generally available blue do you think I could substitute?
918 Plate says
Thanks for visiting, Romain! This is a faily mild blue, but you could take whatever blue you like and crumble it yourself!