This one pan salmon dinner for one is ready in less than 30 minutes and is bursting with flavor!
Holy cow, I can’t believe the year is almost over! I’m bringing a few more holiday things soon, but thought I’d bring another dinner because I haven’t in awhile. It’s another one-pan meal that I ate a few times while doing my fitness challenge. I bring you: one pan Italian salmon! Not a whole lot of story here this week, so you can get on to the good stuff.
This is so easy, and you can throw in whatever veggies you want on the other side (probably not root veggies or tubers, I don’t think they’d cook for long enough) and voila, you’ve got an entire meal in less than a half hour. Between my salmon portion and one tomato and some mushrooms, it really filled me up and was a perfect amount. It would also be a great meal prep size, although I cannot attest to how the leftovers taste because…well, I ate it all. It does make extra balsamic reduction, though, so it lasted me about 4 servings and a few salads as dressing.
You’ll notice I didn’t put an amount for the Italian seasoning. I think it will depend upon the size of your salmon filet. I sprinkled it with the salt, and then shook the seasoning out until it made a thin crust on the top. Obviously you can adjust to your preference, here.
You may need something a little lighter after the holidays have passed, so maybe file this one away as part of your new year’s resolutions! Here’s another recipe for a healthy one-pan dinner, if you missed it a few weeks ago!
One Pan Salmon with Balsamic Reduction
- 1 salmon filet 4-6oz
- 1/4 t. kosher salt
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- 1 lemon optional
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 C. mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 t. olive oil
- 1/2 C. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a small square pan (8x8) with nonstick spray.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan on very low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until reduced. Set aside to cool.
- Dice up tomato into large chunks, slice the mushrooms and mince the garlic.
- Toss veggies together with olive oil and place in half of the pan.
- Place fish in the other half of the pan.
- Sprinkle the salt evenly over the top of the salmon.
- Shake Italian seasoning until over the salt until the fish is covered on top.
- Sprinkle all contents with juice from one lemon and black pepper and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes (until salmon is cooked.)
- Drizzle some reduction over fish and/or veggies and #enJOY!
Naturally gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30 compliant.