All you need is an hour to make these mini peanut butter pies from scratch!
This post is sponsored by Reasor’s. All opinions of their services are my own.
My mom makes peanut butter pie for every holiday. It’s super rich, and you need a big tall glass of milk with it! She loves it because it comes together quickly. Obviously I had to take it up a notch and add a couple more elements, but it still takes only about an hour! These mini peanut butter pies are the perfect amount for each person, and are sure to impress your dinner guests.
When you’re short on time, you can just order everything you need online and pick it up later at Reasor’s! Reasor’s has had online ordering for awhile now, but they recently got a new interface and a phone app that all connects together for a great shopping experience! Check out their website to see if you’re in a location with a pick-up option!
I used the app to make my order. I just found all the things I needed for the pies and ordered it all in the morning. By the early afternoon, I got an email that it was ready to pick up – so I just swung by on my way home from work! I just pulled into a pick-up parking spot, and called the number. You don’t even have to get out of the car – they came to me in two minutes! You can schedule pickup for any day of the week, from 9am-7pm.
As far as functionality goes, searching gives you pretty broad range of items, but it helps if you know the brand, or can be as specific as you can. I liked that I could even order local goods on it – I bought a half gallon of Lomah milk on it! You can also select whether you want substitutions for size or brand. I’ve been telling everyone about it, because I loved using it! I have recipes I need right there with me, and can make sure I’m not forgetting anything. Plus, it saves a lot of time because I am a store wanderer.
Local Spotlight: Reasor’s is a local spotlight, actually! This local grocery store chain was founded in Tahlequah 53 years ago. They also carry lots of Oklahoma brands, including the Lomah milk and Hiland butter that I got through online ordering!
Quick dessert is coming to you and your friends in less than an hour with the help of grocery pick-up and peanut butter! Need another holiday dessert? What about Egg Nog Creme Brulee?
Mini Peanut Butter Pies with Chocolate Ganache
- 2 C. pretzel twists
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
Peanut butter filling
- 1 C. heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2/3 C. creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 C. powdered sugar
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 T. butter
- 1/3 C. milk
- Sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend pretzels in food processor until mostly a powder.
- Incorporate melted butter and brown sugar.
- Scoop 1 heaping Tablespoon of crust mixture in the bottom of each ramekin.
- Gently pack the crumbs down into the base of the ramekin.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
- In mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside in another bowl.
- In mixer, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter. Gradually incorporate the whipped cream.
- Spoon equal amounts of filling into each ramekin on top of the crust.
- Place ramekins in the refrigerator while the ganache is prepared.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces into a bowl.
- In a small saucepan on medium low heat, combine butter and milk until melted, stirring occasionally.
- When it starts to bubble around the outside, pour over chocolate and let sit for five minutes.
- Stir until shiny ganache is revealed! Spoon equal parts into ramekins, and tap the ramekins to help the ganache cover all the pie.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Sprinkle with sea salt and serve. #enJOY!