Mama Laurie’s chocolate chip cookies are made with love and lots of delicious things and come out perfect every time!
You may remember that I brought you my mama Marla’s chocolate chip cookies as my very first recipe on the blog. These are Justin’s mama’s cookies. And they have become our go-to recipe. It’s well-loved and well-greased in our recipe box! Justin always likes for me to save some dough back too, for him to just eat by itself. Do you still do that?
These cookies are pretty basic, but have equal parts of brown and white sugar, giving them a great caramel-y flavor. They stay soft and chewy, and get really flat. They’re the perfect chocolate chip cookie experience!
Local Spotlight: Always eggs!
Chocolate chip cookies were always a staple in my house growing up, and I even remember a girls mom in elementary school who brought them nearly once a week. If I could find her again someday, I’d love that recipe too. Hers were tall and salty. I have lots of good cookie memories. Do you?
Mama Laurie’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 C. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 3/4 C. butter
- 3/4 C. white sugar
- 3/4 C. brown sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 C. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a mixer.
- Mix in vanilla and eggs.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Dollop with cookie scoop or spoons on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool, then transfer to a wire rack.
Leave a Reply