This instant pot white chicken chili starts with whole chicken breasts and is ready to eat in a half hour!
I love white chicken chili. I look forward to it every time the seasons turn cool! I have created a broth-y instant pot white chicken chili that warms you up and fulfills the desire for the creamy soup season without being too heavy.
To be quite honest, I actually put both one frozen chicken breast and one defrosted one into the instant pot. Because…who has the time to remember to do all that…But at any rate, everything was ready after 30 minutes! My favorite way to eat this is with a big dollop of sour cream (or yogurt) and a big handful of cheese.
Local Spotlight: I used a combo chicken and pork bone broth for this that I made using this recipe. Some of the last farmers markets of the year supplied me with onions, and now I patiently await the Winter Market!
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cans green chiles
- 1 can corn
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 2 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cayenne
- 4 C. bone broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cans white beans Great Northern or cannelini
- shredded cheese for serving
- sour cream for serving
- Dice onions and drain beans and chilies.
- Place chicken breasts whole in the bottom of the pot.
Add in all ingredients except cheese and sour cream and stir.
- Seal and cook for 30 minutes on manual pressure.
- Manual pressure release after about 5 minutes of being completed, and shred chicken.
- Reincorporate chicken.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream.
Naturally gluten free, can be dairy free without toppings.