Frozen chicken breasts are ready in less than a half an hour with this quick fix with the Instant Pot!
This is a fast and furious recipe so that you can use this chicken for bigger and better things! I didn’t even style the chicken (It is just plain chicken, after all.) – just wanted to show you an up close and personal view of what it looks like when it’s finished!
Chicken breasts can be eaten tons of different ways, like in this chicken salad and this chicken and broccoli cheese soup, or in something like BBQ sandwiches, or burrito bowls. Cube it, shred it; it can become a million things. I used to make them in my slow cooker, but it was way less effort and time to just throw them into the Instant Pot! I primarily got one in the first place because I never remember to thaw out my meat the day before and I heard you can just toss it in and defrost and cook at the same time! This experiment did not disappoint.
Don’t have bone broth? Make your own broth here, or just use water!
What do you used pre-cooked chicken for?
Frozen Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- 3 chicken breasts about 3 lbs.
- 1 C. bone broth
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ t. kosher salt
- Place frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Peel garlic cloves and lightly crush them. Toss them into the pan.
- Sprinkle salt over chicken.
- Seal Instant Pot lid and set on Poultry for 5 minutes.
- When it completes, let it rest for 15 minutes and natural pressure release before venting.