Without changing traditional guacamole too much, this guacamole with roasted corn is a nice little addition and makes the usual stuff better than ever!
I am a recent convert to all things avocado and guacamole! I could eat guacamole and chips for dinner every day (I did, the first time I made this, actually). It’s tangy, salty, creamy and has a bite of onion and tomato. All the best flavor combos are rolled into one. Not to mention, the addition of stove-roasted corn gives a toasty and sweet note to this already-awesome dip. Plus, it’s quick and easy, so take it to any party or eat it yourself!
OAS Tip: I microwave my avocados for 30 seconds in the microwave, and it allows me to eat it! To learn more about how I learned about that, check out this recipe for avocado alfredo and avocado pesto!
Local Spotlight: None of this stuff is in season here right now, but sometimes you just gotta have guac, you know? Luckily, my trusty local grocery store, Reasor’s, is always around to save the day if I need a local shout-out!
What do you like to add to your guacamole? Anything crazy?
Guacamole with Roasted Corn
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1/4 C. whole kernel corn
- 2 jumbo avocados or 3-4 regular avocados
- 1/4 C. yellow onion
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 t. black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 small Roma tomatoes
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 1/2 t. Kosher salt
- In a small skillet on medium low, heat olive oil and toss corn to coat. Spread corn evenly in the pan and let cook 4 minutes.
- Toss corn and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Some kernels should be browned. Set aside to cool.
- Pit avocados into a large bowl and mash to a consistency slightly chunkier than preferred with fork or whisk.
- To bowl, stir in onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, pepper, garlic and lime juice.
- Fold in tomatoes and corn, and season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately and #enJOY!
Naturally gluten, dairy free.