Starbucks copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars are sweet cookie bars flavored with fruity goodness!
I love Starbucks just as much as the next person (but probably not as much as my sorority sister Anna). And their Cranberry Bliss Bars are the best part about winter (because I couldn’t care less about the red cup, obviously food is my game). The first time I ate one, though, I thought, gee, these taste a lot like Granny’s Blonde Brownies, just dressed up a little. So, I thought I’d set out to make them at home. The blondie recipe is so versatile this way – since its cookie base is perfect for any flavor. I’m excited to try other combos, too!
A basic cream cheese frosting really rounds out the flavors in this bar, truly making it taste like bliss! This will go well with a tall glass of milk, or even a coffee. They are chewy and dense, but are lightened by the bright notes of cranberry and white chocolate. You’ll keep wanting more and more “bites” of these, until you’ve had a whole piece!
Local Spotlight: Eggs!
Not a whole lot to say about this one, except #enJOY!
Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat)
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 C. dark brown sugar
- 2 C. flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 C. white chocolate chips
- 1 C. dried cranberries
Icing & Topping:
- 3 C. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 t. vanilla
- zest of 1/2 orange or 1 lemon optional
- 1/4 C. white chocolate chips melted in bag
- 1/2 C. dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a dark 9x13 baking pan. (I used butter.)
- Melt butter.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla together, then incorporate the butter.
- Press dough evenly into the pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and cranberries over the top of the dough.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the entire pan rises then falls.
- Prepare icing by slowly incorporating powdered sugar into cream cheese and add vanilla and zest.
- Once bars are cooled, spread icing over the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cranberries.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate (I used the microwave and a zipper bag), over the entire pan.
- #enJOY with a glass of milk or warm cup of coffee!