Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips are such a great combination of sweet and salty that are an easy treat to make for a crowd!
The first time I had chocolate dipped potato chips was when someone gave some to my family as a gift for Christmas one time from Stephany’s, a now-closed chocolate place in Denver. They were in this white box in the fridge and I gave the first one a nibble and was instantly in love! I think it was the first time I’d eaten anything both savory and sweet at the same time.
I have always loved potato chips, but I recently think I’ve become a potato chip snob! I have really taken a liking to kettle-style chips (affiliate). They are super crunchy and I didn’t like that about them growing up but now I’m a convert.
This recipe is basically an easy chocolate dipping DIY! Crunchy kettle chips will keep the chip from getting soggy from the chocolate, and not dipping the whole thing will save your fingers! I still like the potato flavor to come through, so I also wipe the excess off the edge of the chocolate bowl.
Local Spotlight: We got our chocolate goods from Glacier! We’ve made a lot of things with Glacier couverture, like the yummy pecan turtles, peppermint bark, and hot chocolate affogatos – don’t miss those!
Be sure to follow along on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest for all the latest and greatest!
Easy Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips [GF, V]
- ¼ C. dark chocolate couverture
- 20-30 kettle-style potato chips
- flake salt or white chocolate for decoration optional
- Melt the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Dip each chip halfway in the chocolate and coat both sides.
- Swipe the chip on the edge of the bowl to take off any excess.
- Place chip on parchment or a silicone mat.
- When partially set, add salt or additional chocolate.
- Let fully set (10-30 min, depending on humidity and thickness, etc.)
- #enJOY immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply