This hand-wrapped chicken and prosciutto tortellini recipe is mild, and goes with white or red sauce!
I’ve been dreaming up a new stuffed pasta recipe for awhile, but finally had the opportunity to make it! This time, I wanted it to be more about the filling than the pasta itself, so I went with a handy pre-made option in won ton wrappers that you can find in the grocery store. With a little water around the edges to seal them up, you’ve got pasta – way faster than mixing and rolling out a dough (although, that is still the best-tasting way.).
The prosciutto adds a nice touch of fatty creaminess and smoky flavor to the pasta, and it compliments the rest of the components well. The best part about this filling, is that it is mild enough for a cream sauce, or also hearty enough for a tomato sauce! I made Nagi’s Alfredo Sauce for the photos, but took the rest to my community group and just dropped them in a pan with a jar of spaghetti sauce. They were both awesome, so I had to snag a photo of the red sauce too:
Local Spotlight: The ground chicken and ricotta came from my farmers market friends! The local ricotta was fluffy and delicious, even after being defrosted.
I’ve made ravioli before, and it had a butternut squash ricotta filling. Check out that recipe here!
What do you like in your stuffed pastas?
Chicken and Prosciutto Tortellini
- 2 C. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 t. olive oil
- 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1/8 t. salt
- 60 won ton wrappers
- Combine all ingredients besides won ton wrappers in a medium-sized bowl. (Prosciutto may be best pulled apart first into smaller pieces)
- Fold a small spoonful of mixture into the center of a won ton wrapper. Fold into a desired shape, and seal the edges with water, pressing to close.
- Fill all wrappers.
- Freeze or boil desired number of tortellini.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes, or until the tortellini rise to the top. Ensure that the chicken is being cooked all the way through on the inside.
- #enJOY with your favorite sauce.