This granola reminds me of cheesecake when you mix it with yogurt and fruit for a filling and simple breakfast or lunch!
I’ve never made granola before! This variation goes perfectly with strawberries and vanilla yogurt (my current lunch of choice). Between the white chocolate and coconut and oats, I think all together is reminiscent of strawberry cheesecake – hence the name. I love the way the white chocolate gives you a little boost of sweet!
If you’re not planning on using fresh fruit alongside this granola as a part of your lunch or breakfast, dried cranberries would also be a great addition to the mix.
This granola has protein from both the nut butter AND chia seeds! When pairing it with a yogurt, you’ll have a powerful morning! Did you know you can even make your own yogurt? Find out how here!
Do you have any granola-making tips for this newbie?
Cheesecake Granola [mGF, V]
- 2 C. quick oats
- 1/3 C. honey
- 1/2 C. almond butter
- 1/2 C. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 C. white chocolate chips
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- Combine all ingredients well and press onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake low and slow at 275 for 12 min
- Lower heat and bake on 225 for 10 min
- Let cool completely.
- Break or crumble into clusters, and out into an airtight container.
- #enJOY with fruit and yogurt!
mGF: Gluten Free if using gluten free oats!
Leave a Reply