This recipe for double breaded boneless buffalo bites has a mouthful of a name and will also be keeping your mouth full!
Although I am fond of traditional wings with crispy skin, Justin prefers the boneless wings, covered in any variation with a kick. Let us discuss boneless wings: it’s just chicken breast. They’re breaded. They’re just chicken nuggets. Manly chicken nuggets.
I can’t comprehend getting the same satisfaction from a boneless wing than a traditional wing. But, to each his own! Justin made these first as a change-up of the lemon chicken that we make a lot. He wanted the chicken to stay crunchy underneath the sauce. Then he was sold on the idea and decided that this would be a great way to make boneless bites at home.
The secret to these is that they’re double breaded! Perfect for staying crunchy.
Local Spotlight: Made with eggs from the Farmers Market!
I made a homemade sauce, too! Hope you #enJOY!
Justin's Double Breaded Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 1.5-2 lb. cubed chicken
- 4 C. flour
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 1/2 t. cayenne
- 1 t. paprika
- 5 eggs
- Canola oil
- 2/3 C. vinegar based cayenne sauce
- 6 T. butter
- 1 1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 t. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 t. onion powder
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- Combine all dry ingredients in the “Chicken” category to form a breading for the chicken.
- Whisk eggs together in a shallow dish.
- Cube chicken, and dredge in dry ingredients.
- Then, give the chicken an egg wash, and then bread in the dry ingredients a second time.
- On medium-high heat, heat about ¾ inch of canola oil in a skillet.
- Fry chicken pieces for 3 minutes on each side (total of 6 minutes). Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Combine all sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cool.
- Toss chicken and sauce together and eat immediately!