This blueberry feta quinoa salad is topped with amazing add-ons to liven up your lunchtime!
This blueberry feta quinoa salad got rave reviews from all of my people! My brother in law and his wife were big fans when I made this for the first time, and they were always happy when this salad was around.
I guess the beautiful part about salads is that you don’t really need to have any amounts on the recipe card! You can top each salad with however much you want…And if you want more of a grainy salad, you can add fewer greens. The onion recipe and nearly every other topping will be more than enough to make more than just this portion of salads, so you can make it again and again.
This salad is great an an entire meal, as the quinoa bulks up this salad to make it feel heartier and make you more full. However, I did try and bring it for lunch once to work, and all the toppings ended up being a lot of moving parts that weren’t able to be combined much ahead of time. So this quinoa salad is best eaten right after it has been prepared. We’ve taken to eating salads for dinner recently, and this one will surely be added into the rotation!
Blueberry Feta Quinoa Salad [GF, V]
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 red onion
- ¼ C. apple cider vinegar
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. sugar
- 1/2 C. dried quinoa white or multicolored
- Mixed greens or spinach
- Creamy poppyseed dressing like Brianna’s
- Feta cheese
- Coconut flakes unsweetened and toasted
- Slice onion into thin strips and place in a glass jar or bowl.
- Add in vinegar, salt and sugar into the jar with the onions and mix well.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Bring 1 C. water in a small saucepan to a boil on medium heat.
- Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to low and cover for 15 minutes.
- Fluff, set aside to cool.
- In a skillet on low heat, heat unsweetened coconut flakes until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and store in an airtight container.
- Toss 1/4-1/2 C. cooled quinoa with greens and dressing. (You may want to dilute dressing with 1 T. water to be thinner to get a good coating on everything)
- Top salad with feta cheese, toasted coconut flakes, blueberries and pickled onions.
- Serve immediately!
Makes 4 entree salads – Naturally Gluten Free and Vegetarian