Balsamic Brussels sprouts are crispy, tangy and a great side vegetable!
My mother is gonna die when she hears this: I’ve started eating Brussels sprouts. Like, on a list of food that I like. The one time she tried to feed them to us growing up, all of us nearly puked at the table so that we could get out of having to choke them down. When they became trendy again a year or two ago, I still couldn’t get on board. I was finally unable to resist attempting to make these crispy morsels people wouldn’t stop talking about. I gave it a try, and now I’m sold.
They’re a lot like asparagus – Brussels sprouts have a pretty distinct taste, and so you have to get used to that, but everything is easy to get used to when it’s roasted with some oil and salt and pepper! This way with the balsamic is just one way that I like to prepare them. Earlier this week I did just salt, pepper and lemon juice. So yummy!
I keep burning some of the Brussels sprouts, not going to lie. I just so desperately want them to be crispy that I keep scorching the dickens outta them…soon, if this amount of time is too long, I’m sorry. I shortened it. Just imagine what it was like with an extra five minutes.
Tell me about a food you were scared to try!
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts [mVegan, V, GF, mDF]
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/8 C. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese optional
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and half Brussels sprouts.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper together and toss the sprouts in the mixture.
- Spread out on a dark cookie sheet or baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip sprouts and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately and #enJOY!
Naturally Gluten Free and Vegetarian. Can be vegan and dairy free without the cheese.
BARB HARDESTY says
This Is the way I always fix them with the exception of the balsamic. Will try that.sounds good.
918 Plate says
Yum! Glad you’ve already got it going on!!