This apple cinnamon oatmeal cups are great for a fast fall breakfast!
I love this amazing oatmeal cups recipe from Dinner at the Zoo. I made them the FIRST DAY she posted them and we have loved having them for breakfast in our house. Ever since then we have been experimenting with good mix-ins! And now that fall is in full swing, I figured that apple cinnamon ones are perfect for this season, so I adapted it and added a little sugary goodness on top.
These oatmeal cups are great hot or cold (I prefer hot), and you can even give them a hit of maple syrup or honey to really finish it off. We keep them in a gallon zipper bag in the fridge and grab and go! I don’t have a whole lot to say about these, because you can see most of what Dinner at the Zoo has to say about the recipe in general and I’d love for you to give her love. I am also just pretty proud of this round of photos, so I’m going to let them speak for themselves.
Local Spotlight: Eggs, as per usual!
Make these oatmeal cups ASAP.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups
- 3 C. old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 C. thinly diced granny smith apple about 1 apple
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. cinnamon applesauce
- 1 1/2 C. milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 T. butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 T. turbinado sugar optional
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop apple into a fine dice. (about 1-2 cm long/wide)
- Sprinkle 1 t. cinnamon over apple and stir to evenly coat.
- Combine all remaining ingredients (except optional ingredients) in a medium sized bowl.
- Fold in cinnamon apples.
- Line or grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Fill each cup full, about 1/3 C. Flatten the tops.
- Combine turbinado sugar and cinnamon in a small cup. Sprinkle sugar over the tops of the muffins before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then remove to cool elsewhere.
- Eat hot or cold with syrup or plain!
This recipe is adapted from Baked Oatmeal Cups from Dinner at the Zoo.